Saturday, July 16, 2011

One Hundred.

It's Ginger's 100th birthday today. I've been debating what kind of post to make because I tend to... go overboard with the birthdays. I spam photos. I spam videos. Be generally obnoxious on every social networking medium because I want to pay tribute to my famous people, dammit! But I'm new to this. I'm new in Ginger world, and I feel almost like I'm cheating, because I just got into her and bam, it's her birthday--and not just her birthday, her 100th birthday! Pretty much giving me fangirl license to pull out all the stops. So... why am I not? I don't know. Being a fan is a weird thing, sometimes. Fandoms can be cliquey and I don't want to step on any toes. But as I'm typing this, I am realizing how lucky I am to have become a fan of this great lady just in time to celebrate her centennial. And with that said... expect oodles of pictures and clips this weekend.

Happy Birthday, Virginia Katherine, and thank you for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment