Monday, July 4, 2011

Obligatory Awkward Introductory Thinger!

So, hi. I'm Cara Marie, and this is my blog. You'll notice it's a) pink and b) dedicated to Ginger Rogers. Well, I really like pink, and I really like Ginger Rogers. And Ginger Rogers really liked pink, so it's win-win for everybody!
I was going to write up a super fancy introductory post, but then after further internetting I saw that there are several Ginger tribute blogs floating around so... here's one more. I'm a new Ginger fan and wanted somewhere to put my new-found excited fangirl squealiness. Yes, squealiness. It is in the fangirl dictionary, look it up. I wish I had found Ginger before--in fact I don't know why it took me so long, but I'm glad I caught up. So here's the least I can do, my own little space on the internet.

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ME, PICTURES ARE MORE ENTERTAINING!!!!!



I love this picture of Miss Ginger. I think it's my current favorite. Until, you know, tomorrow, when I find a new favorite. Since I'm a new fan, everything I find is my favorite because...it's all new to me and equally exciting. But she's just so adorable with her little heels and umbrella all jaunty-like. Also, I'm going to try to make use of the tag function here (are they tags? labels? the internet has so many different names for the same thing) to try and organize post subjects and pictures and whatnot. But we'll see how that goes.

If anyone is reading this and got this far, congratulations! I am not yet rich enough to supply door prizes. But please feel free to stick around! Follow, if you will! Comment, if you are so inclined! I'd love to meet other Ginger fans (who are nice and not snarky or mean or weird in the way that fans of some old Hollywood folk are weird, because that's a thing).

xoxo,
Cara Marie
(I feel Ginger might be strict about having a uniform sign-off. I don't know why. I just think she might appreciate the custom.)

No comments:

Post a Comment